CARDINAL SQUARE COMMUNITY NOTICE
DATE: NOVEMBER 6, 2019
TO: Burlington Place Neighbors
FROM: CSC Board
RE: Drainage, Sidewalk and Landscaping Project in Front of Your Home
Hi everyone, the next big community project is scheduled to begin next week November 11th (weather permitting) along the even side of Burlington (6602 through 6646). This information is provided to help you prepare for this project as it will impact all neighbors on Burlington Place in one way or another. Regular updates will be posted on Facebook and on the Cardinal Square website (www.cardinalsquare.net) and notices will be placed in doors when scheduling updates are provided. There are many moving pieces with this project and they are all weather dependent.
At a high-level, this project has three phases. The below provides information regarding the work to be completed by each phase.
Phase 1: Ms. Utility marks the property, the burying of downspouts will occur, french drains will be laid and sidewalk pieces will be removed for drainage work.
Phase 2: Remaining sidewalks and curbs will be removed and replaced.
Phase 3: Landscaping and parking space number stenciling will be completed.
This next section is guidance provided for each phase of work as each phase will provide unique obstacles.
Guidance for Phase 1:
· Parking will be limited during the day and a few spots may be blocked with supplies and construction vehicles.
· All decorations and garden stones/barrier material that you would like to keep must be removed from the front of the building before work begins.
· Prior to work beginning, all perennial plants that you would like to keep must be removed and transplanted except the hostas and liriope, which will be transplanted throughout the community to further fight erosion.
· We have done a preliminary assessment of the shrubs and bushes in front of the houses. Very few will remain, some will be repurposed and others will be used to help stem erosion. We will mark plants to remain with yellow tape.
Guidance for Phase 2:
· Entering and exiting your home will be through the back of your home.
· Parking will not be permitted throughout the day and night while the curb is setting. We understand this will be a great inconvenience for all neighbors on Burlington Place, but the work must be done to protect the integrity of our foundations.
· Sidewalks will remain closed during the curing process.
· Parking space numbering will be done exactly as they currently are.
If you have any questions regarding landscaping, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, questions regarding parking and the painting of the lines please contact email@example.com and if you have questions regarding the drainage work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.